The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Skateboarding Dogs

9 miles today. It was a nice run although it started out cool and foggy and suddenly turned hot after the sun came out. Elliott went with me and slept the whole time.

I think that my metabolism is starting to speed up or, well, the miles are just catching up with me. I feel like I've been eating all the time lately.

The good news is that I picked up a new running shirt today to send off to Scott's printer to be silkscreened. He's going to use a photo of me in the shirt to help promote my donation site. Again, I can't thank him enough. Go buy his books if you haven't already!

On the down side, neither I nor World Lupus Day made it into the news even after Holli and I emailed a half dozen press releases to local newspapers and TV news. I've dealt with the media through my past union activities so I know its a hit and miss sort of thing. I'm not overly disappointed. That being said, one channel did run a story about a skateboarding dog, which just reiterates to me the orientation of local news. I'll probably try again later in the summer. I know a couple people with media contacts that might allow me greater success. Any suggestions from anyone out there would be appreciated!

Oh yeah, one more update. I'm sticking to my rule of only running every other day since I'm feeling good and haven't had any problems with soreness, pain, etc. However, I'm now Elliott's full time caretaker and we both get a little bored hanging out at home all the time. Therefore, my new crosstraining regime is to put Elliott in his Kelty carrier backpack and stroll around town with him. I figure its sort of like a mix of weight training and walking hills--his 20+ pounds are certainly noticable. I'm sure we are quite a sight cruising around town.

No comments: