The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Monday, May 21, 2007

Obsessed with my feet...

Okay, I think that I'm becoming obsessed with my feet. I bought a new pair of shoes on Saturday (good thing that we live right next to a large outlet mall with lots of shoe stores.) I was worried about doing 18 miles on trail/gravel road when I've been feeling a little too much of each stone with my other shoes. So I went to the North Face Outlet and got a pair of Philters for $30. They are really multisport shoes with special drainage ports in case they get wet. I like them because they are really light, but definitely sturdier than my other shoes.

So anyway, I tested them on 18 miles at Shiawasee yesterday (yeah, I know that most people break in new shoes before long runs). I had a back up pair of shoes in my truck, but I was pleasantly surprised with these. They were very breathable, which was nice since I hate it when my feet get hot, but provided enough support.

The weather started out a little cool (50+ degrees and cloudy), but the sun was shining by the time that I was done. I had an encounter with some angry Canada geese, but other then that the run was pretty uneventful. I definitely need to start carrying more water though as even in cooler weather I seem to drink a lot.

Next week, I'll start a streak of 20 mile long runs and keep it at that for a few weeks. The weekly mileage increases are going pretty well, but I don't want to push my luck too much.

I contacted a few different companies about donations this weekend and am waiting eagerly to hear from them. I'll wait a bit to see if I hear from them, then I'll start looking into contacting some local businesses too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had an encounter with Canada geese? That's ironic. ;)