The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Monday, May 21, 2007

Obsessed with my feet...

Okay, I think that I'm becoming obsessed with my feet. I bought a new pair of shoes on Saturday (good thing that we live right next to a large outlet mall with lots of shoe stores.) I was worried about doing 18 miles on trail/gravel road when I've been feeling a little too much of each stone with my other shoes. So I went to the North Face Outlet and got a pair of Philters for $30. They are really multisport shoes with special drainage ports in case they get wet. I like them because they are really light, but definitely sturdier than my other shoes.

So anyway, I tested them on 18 miles at Shiawasee yesterday (yeah, I know that most people break in new shoes before long runs). I had a back up pair of shoes in my truck, but I was pleasantly surprised with these. They were very breathable, which was nice since I hate it when my feet get hot, but provided enough support.

The weather started out a little cool (50+ degrees and cloudy), but the sun was shining by the time that I was done. I had an encounter with some angry Canada geese, but other then that the run was pretty uneventful. I definitely need to start carrying more water though as even in cooler weather I seem to drink a lot.

Next week, I'll start a streak of 20 mile long runs and keep it at that for a few weeks. The weekly mileage increases are going pretty well, but I don't want to push my luck too much.

I contacted a few different companies about donations this weekend and am waiting eagerly to hear from them. I'll wait a bit to see if I hear from them, then I'll start looking into contacting some local businesses too.

1 comment:

life and times with ejt... said...

You had an encounter with Canada geese? That's ironic. ;)