The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Haz-Mat Baby

Only 7 miles today. I decided to cut it a little short since Elliott hasn't been feeling too well the last couple of days and is only starting to get back to himself today.

The cool thing is that yesterday we got a package in the mail from Campmor. For me was a new pair of sunglasses, much more comfortable than the ones I had been using. For Elliott, a baby suit made of special sun-protective clothing. Okay, it makes me feel a little like one of those over protective parents, but then again applying sunscreen is so much trouble and I'd like to take him with me on some of these multiple hour runs without worrying about the little dude getting sunburned.

The coolest thing is that the thing looks like a little baby hazardous material suit. Yeah, so basically Elliott looks like Homer during the opening scenes of the Simpsons at the powerplant. I'll post a photo soon.

3 comments:

Brian Thomas said...

Sandi,
Thanks for the link to your site--I'll check it out. South Africa would be a cool trip!

Brian

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian!

No problem! You probably want to login and the like for the photos :) Do you have an email I can send you all the info to?

Andre's folks apparently thought so - on their second trip they bought land down there for a summer home. Hence, their way of avoiding winter.

For a true Daddy-Son run, I think Elliot should acquire his own baseball cap. :)

-Sandi

Brian Thomas said...

Yeah, I've actually been looking for a cap like mine for Elliott. :)

I'd love to see your photos. My email is brian@thomaswallace.org.