The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Sunday, May 6, 2007

16 miles and counting

16 miles today at Shiawassee. The weather was awesome although windy. Hardly anyone was at the wildlife reserve, which was odd since the weather was so nice and it was packed when we were there a couple of weeks ago. My feet felt a little sore after running on the gravel even though I switched back to my Nikes. This is good information though as the race is going to be on trails so I will definitely need to look for a more sturdy shoe soon.

I think that I finally figured out that I underpronate and need a cushioned shoe. Er, at least I think that is the kind of shoe I'm supposed to be looking for. My foot rolls to the outside so my shoes wear on the outer edge, but not too bad, which is why I can get away with the minimalist shoes I've been wearing.

The big news is that I have been in contact with Scott Sigler and he definitely sounds interested in coordinating something to help raise money for Lupus. Scott, you rock.

For everyone else, if you are at all a science fiction fan, I highly recommend that you start listening to Scott's podcasts (http://scottsigler.podshow.com). I think that T-shirts may be in the works--I'll keep you all updated.

Holli and I are also planning a garage sale soon and are planning on donating the proceeds to the lupus foundation. We're considering making it a free garage sale with suggested donations for each item.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Scott!