The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cross-training to the Post Office


Friday Elliott and I did a cross-training session by heading to the Post Office to mail a running shirt to be silkscreened with a design by Scott. It was just under an hour round trip and Elliott did an excellent job and seemed to have a good time. Since this was our first long trip out I brought a small mirror so that I could look back and see how he was doing. He started falling asleep when we were almost home, but he didn't really have anything to rest his head on so he kept dropping his head and waking himself up. He didn't complain though. I still wonder what the people of the small town of Freeland think of us. :)

The trip really gave me a hankering to go backpacking, which Holli and I haven't done in quite some time. Although as heavy as this guy is getting I'm not sure how easy such a trip would be. Basically, it would require Holli to carry nearly all of the equipment for her, Elliott, the dog, and myself. Maybe we could teach the dog to drag a sled.

18 miles yesterday. I decided to run on Saturday since today is Mother's Day. At this point I need to get creative to find a route. I was going to run to Holli's new office in the town just north of here, but I started running out of water so I headed home to refill before going out for another loop. Since Grammy was visiting, Elliott didn't go with me, which was probably good since it was really windy and as much as I like jogging with the little dude, its nice to get a break too.

No comments: