The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Kicking it in gear

8 miles today. This was the first day when it felt really hot. 12 ounces won't cut it anymore. Overall though it was a good run.

I'm turning in my grades tomorrow so that means more time for fundraising and more time for training. You will note that I have overhauled the website a bit. I wanted to give space to those businesses who have helped sponsor me and found a cool link to the donation website.

The cool news is that it looks like Scott Sigler is going to help me design a shirt to help promote his books and is in exchange going to help send traffic to my donations site. This is no small favor either--Scott had over 30,000 people listening to his last podcast. There is a New York Times article about him that you can read here.

Seriously, I think his fan-based grassroots approach to publishing is a solid one and a refreshing change from the conglomerates dominating mainstream media. Go to www.amazon.com and order copies of his books "Earthcore" and "Ancestor." They are independently published and good summer reads for science fiction fans. Or just buy them because Scott is a nice guy and supporting my run.

No comments: