The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sick and Tired

Well, I'm not sick and tired of anything, but I have been sick and tired this week. I'm not sure if I stressed my endocrine system or something on my 30 miler last week. Basically, I've been fatigued the last few days, had minor muscle pain, and had periodic chills and cold sweats. I did a 12 mile run on Wednesday, which was fine, but the next day I just wasn't feeling right. It was sort of like having the flu without the nausea. Anyway, this morning when I woke up I started feeling more like myself. Unfortunately, I didn't get more than that one 12 mile run in last week. My original plan was to run 25 miles today, but of course it's been raining all day. Usually that wouldn't deter me, but I'm not sure I want to push my luck with less than a month to the race. I'll make it out for a run, but I haven't decided how far yet. I hate being sick.

On a more positive note, those of you that are part of SVSU can look for an article about me in the August 24th edition of the Valley Vanguard. I'll make sure to have a link to the article once it is up. Thanks to Alie for putting that together!

No comments: