The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Belated weekly summary

Well, I would like to say that my slight slip in training was due to some planned recovery days. Unfortunately, it was just an issue of a busy week at work and some high heat and humidity early in the week. Anyway, here are my stats from last week:


Total mileage: 38 miles
Long run: 20 miles
Average pace: 10:05 minutes/mile
Average heart rate: 149 beats/minute

I also bought a new pair of shoes yesterday. I went with a pair of Brooks Adrenoline GTS 7. I've been putting enough miles on my Saucony shoes that I want to make sure I switch shoes before they start breaking down and bothering my knee. I was also in East Lansing for a meeting and couldn't help but stop by Playmakers. I haven't had time to try them out, but will post a review later.

2 comments:

dht said...

I'm glad things are going well. Mid 90s and a heat index over 100 have sent all of us inside to the treadmills. Happy running.

dirtdawg50k said...

Any thoughts to doing the training run up @ Big M this wknd?