The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lupus Email

I got this email the other day from someone who came across this website:

I would like to thank you for running for lupus. I have suffered with this disease for over 20 years. Unfortunately, I am becoming more disabled by the day. I would like to see this disease stopped with this generation. It pains me to think that others would have to live a life of pain and limitations.
Thank you!

I've been getting nervous as the race nears and this message certainly is a poignant reminder that the nearly $2,000 all of you have given has already made this effort a success. It is also a meaningful reminder that lupus is a very painful and debilitating part of many people's lives. Thank you for your support.

3 comments:

elliott's momma said...

Wow, it really makes the irritants in every day life seem insignificant, doesn't it? Thanks to everyone who's donated - it really does mean the world to some people.

Anonymous said...

hey there ... I work for the LFA. we've recently created a blog and I'd love to talk with you about how we can help promote one another. Please contact me at davis@lupus.org.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Caregiver's Diary said...

Hi, my sister has lupus. She is having chemotherapy done to help treat it. I think what you are doing is awesome. Thank you for making a differnce in peoples' lives.