The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Regular Run

Did 8 miles on Tuesday. It was the last good day before it cooled off and we've gotten some rain. Elliott went the whole way, which has me wondering if I should try and take him farther.

I'm experimenting with mixing gatorade with protein powder. It sounds sort of gross, but with vanilla protein powder it takes sort of like a Mr. Misty Freeze from Dairy Queen. Er, if you have no idea what that is I recommend them. Anyway, I think the protein is helping me recover faster and, at the very least, it is buffering the Gatorade so it doesn't give me heartburn as it has on occation.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Happy training. For protein, I drink Cytomax instead of Gatorade. Supposedly, it contains lots of amino acids and other things that aid recovery. Plus, it comes in flavors like Peachy Keen and Cool Citrus.