The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Regular Run

Did 8 miles on Tuesday. It was the last good day before it cooled off and we've gotten some rain. Elliott went the whole way, which has me wondering if I should try and take him farther.

I'm experimenting with mixing gatorade with protein powder. It sounds sort of gross, but with vanilla protein powder it takes sort of like a Mr. Misty Freeze from Dairy Queen. Er, if you have no idea what that is I recommend them. Anyway, I think the protein is helping me recover faster and, at the very least, it is buffering the Gatorade so it doesn't give me heartburn as it has on occation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy training. For protein, I drink Cytomax instead of Gatorade. Supposedly, it contains lots of amino acids and other things that aid recovery. Plus, it comes in flavors like Peachy Keen and Cool Citrus.