The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Thursday, April 12, 2007

First Post

Well, Holli has inspired me to try out this blogging thing. If its good enough for angry politicians and alientated youth, its good enough for me.

Seriously though, my hope is that this will create a little real world saliance that will help us raise money for the lupus foundation. You can come here to keep track of how my training is going or isn't going.

I officially sent off my registration last week and we've now started contacting people so I guess I'll have to follow through. Actually, it does provide some good incentive and we've already raised $300 so I guess I'll have to keep it up.

Ironically, last weekend was the first time that I missed my long run since I've started training. We were travelling back from Adrian so I just didn't quite have the time. The time management issue is no small affair. However, since the weather is warming up (er, despite the winter storm watch that was in effect and led to evening classes being cancelled yesterday) and I can take Elliott with me more it is easier to make it out. He's gone up to 8 miles--not bad for someone just over a year old.

Also, we are just three short weeks away from being done with the semester. That will leave me with some much anticipated free time after an entire year teaching full time, trying to get that dissertation done, and operating as program coordinator for a state grant. I'm looking foward to not having anything to think about except for hanging out with Elliott, Holli, and Casey and training.

No comments: