The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Monday, April 30, 2007

16 miles

Well, if I can run this far and just do it three times I'm just about there. :) Ran in Fort Wayne this weekend and realized that it is becoming increasingly difficult to find space to run in a suburban development.

I'm a little frustrated that the initial flurry of donations have dried up. If you're reading this and haven't donated--donate! If you have already donated, please send an email or ask a friend or family member to donate also!

Here's my new hackneyed plan. I'm going to contact Scott Sigler and see if I can get a plug for donations on his podcast. In exchange, I'm going to offer him advertising space on a shirt that I'll wear during the race. If you listen to his podcasts you woud realize that this isn't as strange an idea as it sounds. I'm still waiting to hear back from the running store who is sponsoring the race, which is too bad since I think that I'll need to pick up some business donations to get near our goal.

5 comments:

Scott Sigler said...

What's it cost to sponsor you? I have no idea. 50 miles? Are you fucking insane? Seriously. I get winded just getting up from my desk and walking 10 feet to the fridge to get a beer.

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I last saw you ... good luck on your run!

-Sandi

Brian Thomas said...

Scott, no cost for sponsorship if you are willing to make mention of me during some of your podcasts and to send people to my donation site. I know that the Rookie just ended, but I know you have listeners who are eagerly awaiting your next novel--which is coming out before September?

Brian Thomas said...

Sandi, good to hear from you. Congrats on the engagement!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brian!

How's the training going? Hopefully well ... and I bet Elliot loves all that fresh air and attention. :)

You can keep up to date (if you're curious) on my multiply site - http://silvenwolf.multiply.com. Andre and I just finished a trip to South Africa recently.

-Sandi