The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Loopy


Hmmm... 8 miles yesterday. It didn't rain, but the wind was enough to get my hands pretty cold by the time I was done.

After a frantic couple of days trying to clear my schedule, the family went down to Indiana for a funeral. So, the last couple of days have been a bit of a drag to say the least. It's nice to have Elliott around since he is still young enough to be cheerful about everything.

The run was a nice break although I think its sort of funny that my route turned into such an apparently random winding one. Part of the reason is that I was in a development with various sideroads and walking paths between and around houses. I kept coming to these turns that I led me in unknown directions. Needless to say, I doubled back on myself more than once, but it all adds up the same.

I'm supposed to do a long run of 16 miles this weekend. I was going to try it today, but I might wait until tomorrow after we get back home. We'll see as I usually don't feel like running after getting home from a trip, especially a somewhat emotionally intense one.

No comments: