The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Loopy


Hmmm... 8 miles yesterday. It didn't rain, but the wind was enough to get my hands pretty cold by the time I was done.

After a frantic couple of days trying to clear my schedule, the family went down to Indiana for a funeral. So, the last couple of days have been a bit of a drag to say the least. It's nice to have Elliott around since he is still young enough to be cheerful about everything.

The run was a nice break although I think its sort of funny that my route turned into such an apparently random winding one. Part of the reason is that I was in a development with various sideroads and walking paths between and around houses. I kept coming to these turns that I led me in unknown directions. Needless to say, I doubled back on myself more than once, but it all adds up the same.

I'm supposed to do a long run of 16 miles this weekend. I was going to try it today, but I might wait until tomorrow after we get back home. We'll see as I usually don't feel like running after getting home from a trip, especially a somewhat emotionally intense one.

No comments: