The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Thursday, April 19, 2007

More nice weather


Another 8 miles today. Elliott enjoyed a nice nap the entire time and Casey burned off some energy during the first half.

I confess that the technical geek beat out the purist in me a couple months ago. I bought a Garmin Forerunner 301. It's a small GPS and heart rate monitor that records time and distance and links directly to a computer. I'm not sure how useful the heart rate stuff is, but I do like getting an accurate measure of how far I've run even when I am wandering the country roads north of our house and don't really know where I am.

I also have an interest in maps and its been a kick to examine satellite photos of where I've been. As I figure this blogging thing out, I'm going to try and post the occational photo of where I've been (see above). Our house is by the flag.

No comments: