The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Thursday, April 19, 2007

More nice weather


Another 8 miles today. Elliott enjoyed a nice nap the entire time and Casey burned off some energy during the first half.

I confess that the technical geek beat out the purist in me a couple months ago. I bought a Garmin Forerunner 301. It's a small GPS and heart rate monitor that records time and distance and links directly to a computer. I'm not sure how useful the heart rate stuff is, but I do like getting an accurate measure of how far I've run even when I am wandering the country roads north of our house and don't really know where I am.

I also have an interest in maps and its been a kick to examine satellite photos of where I've been. As I figure this blogging thing out, I'm going to try and post the occational photo of where I've been (see above). Our house is by the flag.

No comments: