The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Cold, but sunny

Seven miles yesterday. Casey went with me for four and Elliott went the whole time. I timed the whole thing pretty well with Elliott's morning nap and he slept the whole time. There was a pretty strong wind that slowed me down, but I had the windshield up on Elliott's stroller so he stayed nice and warm. I was a little worried since we were gone for about an hour, but he felt warm whenever I stopped to check on him.

I'm looking forward to the weather getting warmer. Casey gets overheated easily so I'll probably have to limit his runs to a couple miles, but it will be nice to just put on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt and not to have to spend so much time bundling up Elliott.

I will say that they are both really good motivation. Casey just gets restless after a couple days without running and Elliott, well, he's just always looking for something new to do and someplace new to go.

No comments: