The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Training summary for the week

This week's stats:

Distance: 39 miles
Long run: 19 miles
Avg. pace: 10:52 minutes/mile
Heart rate: 152 beats/minute

Did my long run on the Kiwanis Trail today. Even though I was out the door at 8:30 it was already really hot. I think we hit 90 by the time I finished my run. Even though much of the trail is shaded the heat really slowed me down. I also had some knee pain that led to about 15 minute of walking, but then mysteriously disappeared after some stretching. Nothing like having a salt crust covering you after a run. I drank about 25 ounces over the first 10 miles and then another 50 over the last 9. I was going to go for 20 miles, but ran out of Gatorade and was close to home so I cut things a bit short.

Thanks to Toran Mcload for the blog post promoting my run!

Also, I'm currently hooked on the Billibub Baggins podcast novel by Tee Morris. If you are interested in 1920s crime drama starring a dwarf from another dimension you should consider checking it out.

3 comments:

dht said...

Nice long run. I started my Saturday long run at 8 a.m. and finished around 10:30 when it was 85 degrees, so I feel your pain. I drank much more than usual and still crashed 14 miles into my 17 miler. The last 3 miles were very ugly. Tonight, I'm waiting until 8:30 p.m. to run. Happy training.

Unknown said...

Nice long run! Are you thinking of doing a little pre race scouting for the NCT 50? I think there is a training run August 11th?

Brian Thomas said...

Yeah, I'd like to check out the training run, but its about 2 hours from my house so I'll have to see how motivated I'm feeling. I've been curious how hilly the trail is.