The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Thursday, July 26, 2007

I had a dream...

Seriously, I had a dream last night about running. I was in a race on a track and I was passing everyone, even the Kenyan runners out front. I wasn't even out of breath (clearly a dream).

Anyway, I woke up wondering if I could run faster than I have been. Has anxiety about my knee been holding me back? Am I just fired up for the marathon on Sunday? In either case, I decided to go back to a 1 mile run/1 minute walk pattern, but I really decided to kick it in for the runs. The result: including the walk breaks, I covered 10 miles at a 9 minute/mile pace. That's a full minute shorter than my 10 mile runs have been for the past several weeks. Sure, I was a little winded and slowing at the end, but after a trip to Pat and Jerry's Restaurant with Holli and Elliott for the lunch buffet I'm feeling solid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Dreams are disguised fulfillments of repressed wishes"
-Freud
Happy running

Unknown said...

U should try the pattern at the marathon this weekend and see how it works out for you. I know there is no way i will be running the NCT Race w/o adding some walking. Good luck this weekend.