The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Weekly Statistics

Well, I forgot to charge my Forerunner this week and, since I'm tapering, didn't bother charging it until today. Consequently, my total mileage is an estimate and I don't have any heart rate information.

Total mileage: 35 miles

Together, we have raised over $4,000 and we have one week to go! I have one check in my office and a few more verbal commitments for donations too. This is quite an impressive figure and I want to both thank those of you who have donated and thank those of you who have asked others to donate. This is an important cause and I couldn't have gotten where I have without all of your help.

Along those lines, I received another email this week from someone with lupus. It is a good reminder to me as to why I am doing this and wish her all the luck in the future.

Finally, I talked with the Mike Watson, the athletic director at SVSU, and he asked me if they could recognize my run between quarters at the October 13th football game against Michigan Tech. Not only is that very cool, but I think it will be a good opportunity to educate the SVSU community about lupus.

No comments: