The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

50 mile checklist

Yeah, I'm a geek so I made a spreadsheet of my stuff. While a relational database might also have been in order, it's been a busy week. :) The plan is for Holli to meet me at least at miles 12.5, 25, and 37.5 with a bag of essentials. There are aid stations every 3 to 4 miles, which will allow me to refill my water bottle and get food in between. Stuff I might need will be in the car unless I really need it. Anything I might be missing?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. And we have to get all this organized in two days?! :) I'm looking forward to it!

dht said...

That's totally geeky. Probably a good idea, but still totally geeky. Actually, my friend Doug was just telling me about his spreadsheet for last month's Ironman Louisville.

Anonymous said...

Computer geek you :) And you're even muttering about relational databases. When did you take database courses?

I know we forgot to pack garbage bags for dragonboat weekend and was regretting it ... or even bags to just put discarded wrappers, etc in.

Waterproof shell in case it rains?

Map of the run itself?

In any case, good luck and run well!

dht said...

I changed socks at least once during the 60k. Also, are you taking gels? And sometimes it's nice to put on a dry hat, although the forecast is moderate enough that you may not want the extra baggage. Be careful with the bug spray, too, as it might clog your pores and make it difficult to cool off. A couple towels would probably help, and there's always a need for duct tape. I put 300 miles on a pair of shoes after cutting off part of the upper and taping it up.

Anonymous said...

Well-planned geek!!
Weather forcast looks pretty good on Sat. A big +.
Still remember A's soaking-wet jacket & the rain while watching the dragonboat race. Good memory in Canada.
ET

Unknown said...

I looked at your spreadsheet, ran to my man cave and threw everything in my bags....I hope my support crew can handle it...oh wait that is me!! Good Luck..hope to run into you on the trail!