The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Race results are posted!

I'm still processing the whole race and planning on writing a longer race report once I am done. The brief update would be that I feel about 80% recovered although it took a couple days for swelling in my left foot to go down (gosh I kicked a lot of rocks and roots that night). I was really sleepy for the first part of the week, but I had to hit work full speed on Tuesday so that certainly didn't help in terms of having a chance to rest. I can walk and traverse stairs just fine although I did a test jog down the driveway and don't anticipate any long runs in the next few days. Still, I don't feel much worse then after the 50 last year so that has me pretty happy. Well, it also has me wondering if I could have run just a little faster at the end of the race. More about that later.

My official times was 28 hours 16 minutes and 19 seconds. Awesome! I placed 17th out of the 27 finishers. 49 people attempted the run so there was a finishing rate of 55%. Props to Derrick Spafford who won the race in 18:42:02. Seriously, that was one hilly, rocky course and I can't even fathom how someone covered the ground that fast. I'm really happy with my time since the next closest person was a full two hours ahead of me--I might have shaved off some time here and there, but there is not way I could have made up two hours. Anyway, you can check out full race results here. I'll post a full race report soon.

No comments: