The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

More news!

Well, I think I have the cell phone to blog thing figured out, although it will still depend on 1) having cell phone service at the race and 2) having text messaging service at the race. We'll see how it works.

I just got a call from a reporter at the Midland Daily News who will be interviewing me on Tuesday. Also, a story about my run will be in the Valley Vanguard on Monday (thanks Mary!). Guess that is just more incentive to finish, eh? Make sure you are still asking people to donate at www.firstgiving.com/lupusrunners--we'll take donations after the race too!

Sandi, the race is in Haliburton Forest, which is 3 hours north of Toronto. Not as pretty as Calgary, but not as hilly either. :)

3 comments:

Silvenwolf said...

Cool, I'll be cheering... 8 hours away from where you are running. Don't get eaten by the wolves now ;)

Anonymous said...

Brian,
We are cheering for you from Englewood.
Holli,
Keep us informed.I feel like I will be running tomorrow too.
ET

Anonymous said...

The article in the Vanguard was great! You were one of my favorite professors :)

It's always been a dream of mine to run a marathon, and I think you've finally motivated me to do it.