The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Mt. Douglas


My long run turned into a regular run since I decided to go out to dinner with some people from MSU. We went to a seafood place overlooking the bay. It was nice to get a chance to see downtown Victoria.

I wanted to get at least a bit of a run in so I ran to the top of Mt. Douglas after I got back to my room. I'd had my eye on this park since there was a race being held there today. I decided to go to sessions instead of the race, but I figured I could still get some of the experience just running it myself. It isn't a high peak, but I promise you it was steep. The sun was started to set when I started my ascent and it was pretty close to dark by the time I got to the top. That was okay since there was a paved road the whole way and a parking lot at the top with several people enjoying the view. The view of Victoria was awesome and well worth the time it took to get up there. It was dark enough you could see all the lights of the city, but still bright enough you could see the bay and the Olympic Mountains in the distance. Very nice.

So I only ran 9 miles instead of the 20 I had planned. That's okay--sometimes you just need to go with the flow. Besides, I figure the hill more than made up for it.

I gotta leave for the airport at like 4:30 AM so I better get some sleep. Next post should be back in the US.

No comments: