The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Friday, March 6, 2009

Let's get this party started!

Okay, it's been a rocky winter for me in terms of training and that eternally difficult balance of what I need to do and what I want to do with my time. Thanks to an email from Debbie, our newest Lupus Runner, I've decided to kick things off for 2009. That means it is time for all of you to go to www.firstgiving.com/lupusrunners and to renew your commitment towards fighting a terrible disease. We raised $5,000 last year and I'm confident that we can do it again this year.

While the money helps with research and education, one of the most important things that we did in 2008 was raise awareness. Debbie, who is a lupus sufferer herself, decided to join us after she saw Mae wearing a Lupus Runner shirt in a race. So, in addition to running my race (Burning River) and continuing to raise money, I'll provide a free technical t-shirt with the Lupus Runner logo to anyone who commits to running a race as a Lupus Runner and raises at least $200. If you want to be a Lupus Runner, just send me an email at brianjasenthomas@gmail.com. Happy running in 2009!

4 comments:

Silvenwolf said...

You know what would be cool? If Lupus Runners had a fashion line! Well, probably shirts or something - I'd love to wear something imprinted with 'Lupus Runners' on the back of a shirt, jacket or up the side of my yoga pants for dance class.

Deb said...

I would buy these products. I use a website to make myself lupus shirts to wear at all of my races. This particular site allows you to open your design up for public purchase. This might be yet another way to get Lupus Runners some recognition.

Tim said...

Hello Brian,

I'm Deb's boyfriend. I'm running the Boston Marathon and have just made a Facebook page that will link to your donation page. Hopefully I'll raise a few dollars myself!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=58382561283

(not sure if a link like that works or not)

Tim said...

A couple more quick comments. I might note that Deb has already been raising money for years through Lupus Walks.

Brian, as a side note, I'm also an ultrarunner but not by much. One 50 miler and one 50K so far. I may try the 50 mile Dances With Dirt (Gnaw Bone, IN) in May. We'll see. I'm not sure a 100 miler is in the cards for me. Good luck on that!