The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wakey, wakey

So the running hasn't been bad, but it hasn't been consistent either. Two weeks ago, I ran a wopping 2 miles during the week. Then, feeling bad and noticing the sunny weather outside I did 17 miles on Friday. This was followed be a 20 miler on Sunday. This week I repeated my pattern of inconsistency and only ran once with a 12 miler on Wednesday. Hmmm... This probably isn't a pattern I should be repeating if I plan on finishing Burning River. So, my goal is to wake up early tomorrow and to get a 20 or 25 mile run in before noon. Perhaps posting it on my blog will help get me out of bed in the morning.

I'd like to welcome Deb Frerick, a new Lupus Runner in 2009 and a lupus sufferer, has committed to run the Illinois Half Marathon on April 11th. Tim Smith has also joined us and will be cruising the Boston Marathon on April 20th. I wish them both the best of luck with their races and fundraising. I realized that 75% of the Lupus Runners from 2008 (everyone except for me) are scheduled to get married this year so I'm glad to see some new folks stepping up to help out.

No comments: