The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Welcome to Mae!

First of all, I would like to welcome Mae K. M., who has joined the ranks of the Lupus Runners and is helping us raise money for the Lupus Foundation of America while training for the Detroit Free-Press Half Marathon, October 19th. Thanks to her efforts, we are now past $2,000! That should be motivation to all of you readers out there who either haven't donated or haven't asked at least one friend or family member to donate. Go now! Seriously. Stop reading. Go donate or ask someone new to donate. I'll wait here.

...

Okay, now that you have fulfilled your duty as a regular reader of my blog, I would like to encourage you to check out Mae's blog at www.maeko.org. This is her first half-marathon and we're all rooting for her!

I've had another hit and miss week. I went from 71 miles during the marathon week to 39 miles. That isn't great, but I'll take it. Since I was too late to register for the Wild West 100k, I'm planning one last 50 mile training run before I start tapering. Little Elliott is going to be at Grandma camp the week of the 11th, so I think I'll do my last long run that week. I've had some anxiety about night running so I think I might make this last run an all-nighter to make sure I'm up to the task. Classes are starting soon (not to mention the fact that the race is coming up soon) so I need to get those final long runs in while I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! We're 21% there! Only 79% more to go! Sheesh, we're so close. I'm so excited!

Tim Looney said...

Good luck to Mae! I had the pleasure of meeting her and Nate at Grand Island.

Thanks Brian.