The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Thursday, August 28, 2008

In the news

I sent out a slew of press releases a couple days ago. No responses so far, except for our NBC station, channel 25. You can check out the story here: http://www.nbc25online.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=181481. Someone already commented too!

On a side note, here's a conversation I had with a colleague today.

Colleague: How's the running going?
Me: Good, I'm getting ready to do 100 miles in, let's see, 9 days.
Colleague: Oh, are you training for a marathon.
Me: Uh, well, it's an ultramarathon.
Colleague: Wait, you're going to run 100 miles in one day? I thought you were running like 100 miles over 9 days. Didn't some local guy just die doing a marathon? Isn't that like 24 miles?

Training for ultramarathons has really given me a distorted sense of distance. :)

No comments: