The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Thursday, August 28, 2008

In the news

I sent out a slew of press releases a couple days ago. No responses so far, except for our NBC station, channel 25. You can check out the story here: http://www.nbc25online.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=181481. Someone already commented too!

On a side note, here's a conversation I had with a colleague today.

Colleague: How's the running going?
Me: Good, I'm getting ready to do 100 miles in, let's see, 9 days.
Colleague: Oh, are you training for a marathon.
Me: Uh, well, it's an ultramarathon.
Colleague: Wait, you're going to run 100 miles in one day? I thought you were running like 100 miles over 9 days. Didn't some local guy just die doing a marathon? Isn't that like 24 miles?

Training for ultramarathons has really given me a distorted sense of distance. :)

No comments: