The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just an update


Well, my blogging has definitely taken second chair to other aspects of my life lately. I can't complain though. I just got back from a weekend with family and friends celebrating Elliott's birthday. We were at Pokagon State Park in northern Indiana and I kept telling myself that I would sneak away for part of the weekend to hit some trails. However, we discovered that Elliott really likes to swim and I couldn't pass on splashing around the pool with him. It was a great time and thanks to everyone who was there.

My running has been hit and miss too. I've had a couple 40+ weeks interchanged with 30+ weeks. I'd really like a solid string of 50 milers to make me feel like I haven't lost too much endurance over the winter, but really haven't had the time. I did get through a solid 13.5 mile run today in the middle of a wind advisory (I love Elliott's jogging stroller, but aerodynamic it isn't) so I think I'm still in reasonable running condition.

Fundraising efforts have actually not fallen to the wayside. I've been in contact with a few other runners who are interested in raising money to support lupus research this year. I don't want to give any details yet, but we are cooking up something interesting. I'll keep ya'll updated.

No comments: