The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

That's it, I'm picking a race

Okay, enough putting things off. I'm going to try and run the Haliburton Forest 100 mile race on September 6th of this year. I said that I would decide in March--so there it is, I've decided. The timing of the race is nearly spot on, it's relatively nearby, and, well, it doesn't have many hills.

Honestly, I'm a little nervous about having time to commit to both running and fundraising. It's likely I will be out of the country at least once this year and traveling to conferences at other times. I also don't want to ask too much of all those who were so generous last year. However, I keep getting emails from people who have lupus so I feel that I have some momentum in terms of support. Besides, and perhaps most importantly, my son Elliott will only take naps for me if I am pushing him in something with wheels. And his jogging stroller is way more comfortable than a shopping cart. :)


Now if only we would stop having all these snow and ice storms...

1 comment:

dirtdawg50k said...

that is a funny pic! Looks like an interesting race..