The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy Holidays!

It's nice to finally have a break. Elliott's second Christmas was a ton of fun as he was much more aware of what was going on this year. He was clearly aware that there were a lot of new toys suddenly available to him! He kept tapping his feet doing the "happy feet dance" and waving his hands in the air with each new toy.

I got some cool running stuff including several pairs of socks (you know you are a running geek when you get excited about socks), some spikes for running on ice, gloves, and a hat with headphones. I'm really looking forward to trying the Injinji socks I received. They have toes and have been reviewed pretty well.

I'm pretty set for the Hell Fat Ass 50 mile run on Saturday. Pinkney has some hills that I'm probably not overly prepared for so I'm anticipating a much slower finish time than in September. It occurred to me yesterday that this will probably mean I will be finishing in the dark (the run starts at 9:00 AM). It's 2 and a 2/3 loops of the Potawatami trail in Pinckney Recreation Area, which tends to have pretty well groomed trails, so I'm not worried about getting lost. It'll be good practice for night running in the future. I'm going out this afternoon to pick up a headlamp. I'm looking forward to the run to have some time in the woods to myself to reflect on the year.

No comments: