Well, it looks like we got around 4 inches last night and the NOAA was recommending that people not travel so we decided not to drive down to Adrian until this morning. We might have been able to make it to Pinckney for the Fat Ass, but I'm not sure secondary dirt roads would be plowed early this morning and our little compact car is hardly a four-wheel drive monster. So, I swallowed my disappointment, gazed longingly at my neatly organized supplies, and opted not to participate in the run today. Good luck to everyone who made it down there as I'm sure the snow made it quite an adventure!
As a consolation, Holli suggested that I just run my own race tomorrow instead. So, early tomorrow morning I think I'm going to pack up and head to Silver Lake (the location of the run today) and just do the same thing as a solo event. We now have the biannual Brian Thomas marathon so why not the Brian Thomas Fat Ass 50 miler. I think I'll start a little earlier than the run today, perhaps around 8 AM, so if anyone out there wants to join me, drop me a post!