The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I am speed

Okay, I'm not speed, but Elliott is really convinced that I am. Actually, I think he is convinced that I am able to run as fast as one of the 38 race cars that he has now accumulated from the Disney Cars movie (see above). Only a couple weeks into my training program and already my running has been hit and miss. Last week, I didn't run at all until Friday, when I got 10 miles in. This was followed by 20 miles on Saturday--I managed 10:00 minute miles, which is not great, but reassures me that I haven't fallen too far out of condition (speed is relative after all). Monday, Elliott and I headed out and cruised through 12 miles. "Don't walk, Daddy! I want to keep going!" he said at the end. Sounds like my training is going to consist of a lot of long runs... Seriously, everyone should have a 2 year old committed to a Disney movie about race cars as a trainer.

No comments: