The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Monday, July 21, 2008

Good week, bad week

My once a week blogging schedule has fallen a bit to the wayside. Unfortunately, my running has similarly been irregular. Two weeks ago was one of my best weeks to date. I put in a total of 70 miles that week with a long run of 35 miles. I couldn't quite stick to my plan of waking up at 4:00 AM for my long run, but I was out the door at 5:00 AM and did enjoy another sunrise on the road. The weather warmed up quickly so I stopped at a gas station for a Starbucks Doubleshot, a small bag of potato chips, and a Gatorade refill. I believe that, over my 6 and a half hour run, I consumed about 100 ounces of Gatorade, 2 Doubleshots, most of a small bag of regular potato chips, and 2 energy bars. The run was pleasantly uneventful with no blisters, pulls, strains, or inflammation and I felt pretty well recovered the next day, although I was mentally a bit burned out on running.

Unfortunately, that mental burnout, a busy schedule, and some interstate travel left me with less than 30 miles on the books last week. I guess I'll just chalk it up to a recovery week. Next weekend is the Carrolton Marathon, which I'm thinking about adding 14 miles onto so that I can get a good 40 mile training run in. No excuses this week!

No comments: