The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Treadmills and Bill Clinton

Well, the blog posts as well as running haven't been terribly consistent since the ultra. I've had a few 30 mile weeks and many 10 to 12 mile runs so I think I'm holding on to my conditioning even if I'm not doing any improvement. There is a 50k Fat Ass run in Hell, MI at the end of December that I might just target to give me some winter motivation. For those of you that are unfamiliar with Fat Ass runs, they are a class of run put on by ultrarunners. They generally have no shirts, no support, and no awards. Yeah, basically its just a bunch of people out running in the woods.

Right now I'm in Chicago at a Green Building conference. It's been a bit more corporate than the conferences that I usually go to. I was excited because Bill Clinton was the keynote speaker. Disappointingly he only spoke for about a half an hour and most of that time he just went on and on about his foundation. Oh well, it was still kind of cool.

So I did some speed work on the treadmill in the hotel last night. I only ran 6 miles. Even though I had the same novel that I've been listening to at home, I just got bored so quickly. Really, I'd planned to go farther, but finally settled on a goal of 6 miles as a compromise. Of course, to reach that goal quickly I kept setting the speed of the treadmill higher and higher so I guess I'll get some benefit from it. Oh well, better than nothing.

1 comment:

Brosky said...

Dr. Brian,

Just saw Teresa at MSU and she updated me on all of your accomplishments. Congrats man... super awesome.
Drop me a line sometime. We should catch up.

Brosky
broskych@msu.edu