The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

A great place for running gear

Please check out this website for great running gear, fitness trackers, and other gadgets at great prices!
https://www.nonamenerd.com/collections/nerds-on-the-run

Monday, November 26, 2007

My turkey marathon

I had another solid week last week so I'm pretty confident that my conditioning hasn't slipped too much despite the lack of training in October. My weekly mileage was 45. Included in that was my own personal post-Thanksgiving marathon where I ran from Fort Wayne, Indiana to Grabill, Indiana and back. Okay, it was actually only 24 miles since a lack of windproof gloves numbed my hands so badly that I called it quits early. Still, I put in the 24 at a 9:56 average pace and without any knee problems or soreness the next day. Nice. If I get through either the 50k or the 50 mile run at the end of December, I'll definitely feel set for a 100 miler in 2008. I'll probably do another 25 to 30 mile training run in a couple weeks to get ready.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

man your a beast! Any thoughts as to which 100 miler you might be doing?