The world lost an incredible mother, wife, daughter, friend, attorney, underprivileged advocate, and community member suddenly and unexpectedly on October 16, 2013. In honor of my late wife, Holli Wallace, I am training for the Hallucination 100 mile trail run and raising money for the Children's Grief Center of the Great Lakes Bay Region.

My training progress

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Two weeks in...

Running continues to be a bit irregular.  Any miles are better than no miles though.  Last week I only ran twice--one 7 mile run and one 6 mile run.  I've also started a pattern of push ups and sit ups.  I really liked doing Cross Fit this winter and even though I'd rather spend my time running, I thought it would be good for me to mix it up a bit.  I've changed some of the gear that I use also.  After years of running in Brooks Adrenaline, I started running in Hokas this year.  I did a marathon in the spring wearing them and they seem to be working out.  I've also dropped the Garmin GPS and the mp4 player and started carrying my phone and using a Bluetooth headset.  I now track my miles with the Endomondo app, although I am still posting to www.dailymile.com.  Remodeling our basement is still eating up a lot of my time, but it is good to be getting some miles in.  Weather is good today so I will definitely be hitting the road with Oliver, Casey, and the good old Tike Tech stroller this afternoon.  I wonder how many thousands of miles are on that thing by now?  Still going strong.

No comments: